Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Tag tuesday - In a Word

I am so happy that my friend Nancy in California has started a blog and shares her faith and her beautiful artwork! I feel so 'one' with her! If you click on her name it will take you to Happy Heart Studio. I think it touched me because I love to share my faith with her in the English language! Here, where I live, I have to communicate and pray in French... do you know what it is like to have to pray in a language that is not your own?! It feels kind of funny and it has cost me alot of faith to do it!


Louise, another one of my Christian friends has a two week tag challenge this time and the theme is 'In a word'. I didn't need to hurry as it lasts two weeks and I have not had the time before today. I used a scrap I found in my large scrap basket and my eye fell on an Artistic Outpost stamp with a birds nest.. so because I wanted to use the one word 'Peace', I thought the two would go together. Love distress inks.



This is a tag I made last week for the 'Color it' challenge on Hero Arts. I totally didn't expect to get third place because coloring is just not a thing I do!! I don't usually like it! I just colored the rose in quickly with diluted distress ink, as well as the leaves. O yes, had to mention that I received a lovely parcel from Anne with this cling rose stamp set in it (and many other goodies!).


(I was totally blown away when I opened this!)

About Meditation Monday - I think I am going to wrap it in a different style and just leave 'Pearls of the Word' here and there as I go along the week. I have found that the Holy Spirit is more eager to find the Word of God in our hearts than our own little words of wisdom!!

So, my first Pearl of the Word is : For we walk by faith, not by sight. 2 Cor.5:7
(Just as I typed this verse, I looked down and saw a tiny pearl embellishment caught in my keyboard... hmmmmm)

I do not ask that He must prove
His Word is true to me
And that before I can believe
He first must let me see.
It is enough for me to know
It's true because He says it's so;
On His unchanging Word I'll stand
And trust till I can understand.
(E.M. Winters)

19 comments:

  1. beautiful tag and the colouring is fab- what did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow these are really beautiful.
    Lovely stamping and work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful tags, your first is perfect for it looks so peaceful, your second is just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooohhh There is the tag! Gorgeous! Love both of them... I found the rose in the hereo arts catalog....thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Personally, I would choose your tag (and your coloring) over the first two places! ;-) All of your work is so romantic and elegant. I think it fits my idea of Southern France.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your bird's nest tag is beautiful -- and it does portray peace very well!
    I can certainly see why your HA tag won third place -- it is just stunning. A great design!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Pearl of the Word, it is a coincidence that I was thinking of perfect pearls today! For me faith in Christ is like breathing, totally necessary and automatic.
    Thanks for the mention, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations, Jacqueline!! This tag is adorable, I can`t believe almost missed it!

    Hugs,
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely tags both of them! So glad you won third place with your beautiful flower. Sharing your pearls is a wonderful idea and will give me opportunity to pause and think. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, Jacqueline! I just love what you did with the rose stamp! Your tag is lovely! So pleased that you were recognized with a third place finish on the Hero Arts blog, too! Congratulations! Wooo-hooo! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your Peace tag is stunningly beautiful, Jacqueline! Beautiful colours and the composition is perfect. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations, Jacqueline!! Both of your tags are gorgeous!! Love love love your style!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beide tags zijn heel mooi!!
    En je prijs heb je terecht gekregen, met zo'n prachtige creaties, proficiat

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your tags are beautiful Jacqueline! And what a wonderful package to receive in the mail. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. gorgeous tags! love the sweet details...and what an awesome mail package!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful tags Jacqueline.

    Hugs
    Anke

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your visit - I so appreciate it!