Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Tag Tuesday - Shabby Chic

Thank you Louise for the tag challenge this week and the great theme, which can be found here.


To me, shabby chic means roses, pearls, lace, buttons, torn edges, vintage etc.!





I took my time on this challenge this week, not to rush it, ending up doing three tags as I really love this style.
--------------------------------------------------------------
I have a pearl to share with you today from:

Luke 6,38
“Give, and it will be given to you: good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over, will be given to you. For with the same measure you measure it will be measured back to you.”

It's about the divine law of sowing and reaping. A little while back a lady from church gave me some sage from her garden to make tea with. She recently told me that she was afraid her Sage shrub was going to hit the dust but since she had been giving it away all of a sudden it started flourishing! I LOVE those stories about giving because one thing I have experienced is that we can NEVER OUTGIVE GOD!

Another form of measuring which is so easy to fall into without hardly noticing you are doing it, is judging others according to your own standard - or being critical according to your own wisdom - it will be measured back to us one way or another!

Our part is to sow and God will care for the harvest in our lives and the lives of others - but in HIS time and Way as He is the only One who knows the motivations of our hearts and what HE is aiming at. He wants to work on our characters so that we will be like Him! Although God's Grace and Love are unconditional, as with all Authority - He does have a protocol and that is His Eternal Word!

The Bible says even our tears bring a harvest of joy (Ps 126,5) and that if we give to the poor then He will give us good health in our time of need.
Wishing you a good harvest today!

15 comments:

  1. Amazing work! Love the vintage look...

    And thank you for your words on sowing and reaping. They were a real blessing this morning and no doubt providentially put there by you for my encouragement! Praise God for His goodness! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. such beautiful cards, how do you do it ! Thank you for sharing your talent

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE your tags....just LOVE what you make....so pretty, so YOU! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful tags! The soft colors and vintage images are the perfect touches, along with those pearls and lace!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow your tags are beautiful.
    Fantastic design. Love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh what a joy visiting your blog. Again 3 lovely designs Jacqueline. Where do you bye all you lovely papers and old pictures?
    Hugs Sanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. You put the CHIC in shabby chic! No one does this style like you....beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jacqueline, I am speechless. I just love all three of the (though that one with the snowflakes just jumps out at me.) You make it look so effortless...great work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW, Jacqueline!! I love visiting your blog, you amaze me every time!! Stunning tags, love love love them!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I knew this would be exceptional! and they are, not one or two but three!!! no one does Shabby chic like you! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Every single tag is fabulous! Love them all, I enjoy your work so much!

    Hugs,
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning! Each and every one. I might have to make another one especially after all this lovely inspiration! Both in words and tags! I appreciate the verses and thoughts you shared!

    ReplyDelete
  13. your pieces are sooooo sweet! love each one! beautiful art as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous tags ...love all 3....
    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your visit - I so appreciate it!