Thursday, May 20, 2010

Quote - challenge


I'm joining in the challenge over on the Gingersnap Creations blog which is all about quotes this week.

A year ago this time in May, DH and I were in Miami for our wedding Anniversary and I got to go to Michael's! I couldn't enjoy it totally because I was so overwhelmed and excited to see everything that was available that I couldn't concentrate. I had to take it all in, in small doses. Well, my eye fell on a 12x12 K&Co Vintage paper pad and I knew that would give me so much enjoyment that I purchased it, not thinking of the weight in the suitcase whatsoever! Now one year later, all I have left are little scraps and the cover. So as not to waste anything I have punched out squares of the cover to make this little arch tag. At the same time it is a memory for me of the great time I had this year using that beautiful paper, every page being represented here in a small square!

I used a little quote from Darkroom doors although I don't know who was famous for it.

Next up is a vintage card which I put together in the collage fashion, just using up some scraps.


We have beautiful sunny weather today, hope it lasts! Here I am going to share a couple of grids I made of photos taken outside these last days.




If you click on the photo it is in a larger format.
Thanks for popping by today!

Oh yes, I have to tell you this, I found a Bible today from 5th of August, 1745!! The date was written inside, who it was from etc... Our eldest son was born on the 5th of August, thought that was quite something!

16 comments:

  1. Jacqueline, I love your blog! It is always so nice to visit! Your tag from your favorite paper pack is so beautiful! What a wonderful treasure for you to have to remind you of all those pretty papers and your trip with your DH! The vintage card is so pretty! I love the butterflies and the white bird! Thanks for sharing the pictures of your flowers and gardens! Beautiful!! And what a fabulous find!...Very cool that the date in the bible is the same as your son's birthday! Hugs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my first visit but I have a feeling I recognise your name from The Stampers' Sampler. Vintage paper, colour choice, so beautiful. The card is euqally prettu. Lynne M

    ReplyDelete
  3. These cards are both delicately lovely and the top one will always bring wonderful memories of your vacation in Florida :o)

    Wherever did you find a Bible so old - is it still in relatively good shape?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful as usual Jacqueline. Love the tag - what a great way to use up all of the pad. those little squares look wonderful. It looks like it was a wonderful pack of papers - well worth the weight getting home! Your garden photos are so lovely. And your bible find was wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you are so thrifty that you used even the cover of the paper pad to create your lovely arch, you are truly an inspiration! Your card is wonderful with so many great elements. I still have that heart stamped element that you sent me, this gives me a perfect idea for using it.
    Thanks for sharing your beautiful photos, such gorgeous landscaping.
    Now where did you find the antique Bible from 1745? What a treasure especially with the birth date of your son on the inside!
    blessings,
    nancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the grid tag! I was trying to lay one out and it wouldn't come together and then I see your beautiful one and I know it really didn't come togeterh. ;) Love the vintage card so very pretty and that is wonderful that you found the antique bible!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you are such a master of using up scraps, Jacqueline! it's such a treat to visit and to see your gorgeous projects! i LOVE both projects you have today, just beautiful! thanks for sharing the pretty photos of your garden, too! =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always love to see you create grid cards...this one is beautiful. I am a big fan of that K&Co paper as well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful as usual and such a sweet remberance of your Anniversary, It sounds like you got all the use out of that pad of paper, even from the cover. So clever.
    What a find for a bible from 1745. It sounds like it was meant to find you!
    Thanks for joining in this week at Gingersnap creations!

    ReplyDelete
  10. so, so lovely.
    and yes, i have this paper too!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wat een prachtige tag en wat een leuk verhaal dat er bij hoort. Ik ben blij dat het weer bij jullie ook terug beter is. Sinds twee dagen is het hier ook eindelijk zonnig en warm. En wat een speciale vonds! Juist op de geboortedag van je zoon. Echt een schat om te bewaren.

    ReplyDelete
  12. really gorgeous art taggie..love the round top and the tiny inch squares are really cool..lovely details

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looks so beautiful with all those lovely flowers - thanks for sharing!

    Your tag is gorgeous Jacqueline :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful photos of your flowers, a gorgeous grid card, and a fantastic vintage creation-- what more could I ask for in visiting your blog? This is PURE eye candy!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a wonderful tag! Thanks for taking part in this week's Gingersnap Creations challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sure is a wonderful tag! Congratulations on the "Quote" challenge! Your card is beautiful! Love your work!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your visit - I so appreciate it!