Sunday, April 17, 2011

Something different... and joining in the PDCC 77 challenge

Hallo dear blogging friends! Hope the sun is shining like it is here today.
I don't have to tell you my love for grids, it's also part of my character - using what you have and making something useful with it!
And now a little twist... never knew I would think of yet another way of incorporating inchies onto my cards, but quite by accident, I did. As I was moving things around, a diecut fell on a little pile of inchies and thus my idea was born as you can see.


I punched out inchies from the top cover which is the introduction page to the rest of the Pink Paislee papers, can you follow me? I distressed the diecut and stamped over the top with the Envelope Pattern stamp from Hero Arts, added a flower and button and the card is ready to send! I am entering this in the PDCC challenge this week which has the following inspiration picture:


I have another little testimony to share today. I don't know about you but I can be very nonchalant with my Bank Pass and sometimes loose it for a considerable period of time and don't even go looking for it! So it was again, I had lost it for two weeks already and had to tell DH because I could have lost it outside somewhere or in a shop. We searched the house high and low! Nothing. Then DH, with his wisdom, said, did you pray about it yet? Hmmmm, no, I hadn't. So I prayed while we were searching and received instantly the thought: It's in René's wallet...... and YES, there it was!! Isn't God big in the small things of life??? How big is God then in the difficult things of life - maybe you have a situation today that is causing you problems or sorrow - PRAY to the Father in Heaven - He is there to help all those who call upon Him - in Jesus Name!

18 comments:

  1. Oh what a HAPPY accident, Its beautiful!
    Doing some catch up on your blog today. Its been far to long
    Hugs Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should do more things by accident, it turned out wonderfully!! Love that shape around the inchies, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome new way to use your inchies Jacqueline! I just adore it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Jacqueline,
    Thank you for your testimony. We are now entering the 'silent week', do you use the same words for the week before Easter?

    Your card is lovely, with the tiny little squares!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your testimoney.....

    And your card; it's amazing to read how this came together and the result is amazing. I think I see a winner :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Jacqueline this is amazing. You always are so creative. Love the new shpe you used.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful card, and a great way to use inchies! Happy accident indeed, but it took your creativity to see its potential.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, Jacqueline, this really is wonderful, that die cut really makes for a pretty framing around the inchies!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely card and a clever idea to use inchies! Thanks for playing along at the Play Date Cafe this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a brilliant idea Jacqueline. It looks stunning. Great use of the challenge colours too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is lovely, a walk through a country garden ... so pretty Jacqueline!

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a fabulous card Jacqueline ! a great way to use inchies

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love how you used the grids inside of the frame. Beautiful! Love the design. I remember you telling another story where you were missing something with your camera and a little prayer helped find it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE how you've framed that grid design so brilliantly! And thanks so much for sharing your sweet story! I needed that reminder :). Thank you also for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your framed collage - happy Easter Jacqueline!

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW! What a great use of scraps or detailed images on paper! LOVE that framed collage--beautifully done:) Thanks so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the PDCC:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Jacqueline, I love inchies too...and I had never thought of that idea of cutting out a shape. WOW I LOVE IT!!! I will certainly try it. Can't wait.

    Thanks for sharing,4
    e

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous design!! don't you just love happy accidents? that die cut frame is so yummy! Thanks for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your visit - I so appreciate it!