Friday, May 20, 2011

Missing you all!

Hi dear friends, I have missed you! From Friday to Wednesday evening I have been in Holland with DH. We had a speaking engagement for a Christian Conference on Family and Marriage, which we did twice. We saw our sons at the Bible School too, they had just returned from a Mission trip to Romania with their class.
We were invited to stay in the perfect spot with a lovely Dutch family near Zeeland in South Holland in the countryside. It was nice weather and we had a very enjoyable time.


When I arrived home, once again I was overwhelmed with your kindness in the form of cards and packages!! I feel truly blessed! I am doing my best to thank everybody personally for this boost and support. Here are a few shares from the last week. THANK YOU SO MUCH! I have not even been able to photograph everything, so more next time.





Today at four o'clock I have a check-up for my heart, and Monday the treatment begins. Monday morning I have been told that no Chemo-angels are allowed inside, so I will have to trust in the invisible ones to be with me :).
Several of you have informed me of the possibility of wearing an 'ice-cap'. It is put on the head during treatment and could prevent hair-loss. I have already phoned and they have them available, so it is worth a try!

I did manage to make a card before I left for Holland but couldn't finish it, so I did today to share with you.


Susanne, do you recognize the black paper panel and Tiffany I have used two of the flowers you sent me... thanks girls!

I have been too occupied with priorities to pick up card-making since I've been back, so waiting for the inspiration to start flowing again.

Thanks once again for standing with me!
Have a lovely weekend!

18 comments:

  1. It's so heartwarming to see your Happy Mail ... there are some wonderful people out there in Blog land ... such lovely gifts and cards ... Best of luck to you ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seeing all of the tokens of love you've received makes me truly appreciate this wonderful card-making community. I hope that you will continue to feel the love and experience the comfort from our collective prayers for you as you start treatment on Monday.
    I'm so glad that you had the opportunity to visit your sons and have some time away, too.
    Love, prayers and hugs to you

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely outpouring of love for you, my friend! You will be in my prayers this weekend and on Monday especially. Just think of us all surrounding you.....sending hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card! Glad to see you had the opportunity for a little trip. Take care, and blessings in the coming week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You must feel so loved, as you should! We are all thinking of you often, Jacqueline! You will be in my prayers this coming week. . .and I'll be sending you so many hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great to hear that you are back home and that you were spoiled by some wonderful people! How awesome to know that people care so much! Loving your card today, so gentle and peaceful! I am thinking of you constantly. As you go through the weekend and approach Monday just know, that across the globe, there are people, lots of them, with you, in a spiritual way, injecting you with love, strength and comfort! Take care my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good to read that you had a great time in Holland. You've got so many beautiful cards and presents! Is it's possible that you'll give your address to me too?
    I wish you strength for the coming week. I'll be thinking of you! Hugs, Petra

    ReplyDelete
  8. It must give you some courage somehow to feel so 'carried' by all of your blog buddies. You know, there's nothing we can actually DO about what you're going through, all we CAN do is be there for you, listen to you and hope to be of comfort somehow. I'm glad you receive so much happy mail Jacqueline and I just love the card you made, hope you had a wonderful time in our country ;-) Take care, Ira

    ReplyDelete
  9. How lovely to receive so much happy mail, There are some wonderful people in blogland sand I hope it strengthened you a bit.
    Enjoy the card; the one you made yourselfis breathtaking.
    Thinking of you; you are in my prayers....
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OOOhhh..je was vlakbij!!!
    Wist ik het maar! Ik had je best willen ontmoeten en sterkte wensen!
    Dan maar op deze manier: Ik wens je heel veel sterkte voor maandag!
    denk aan je!
    liefs,
    wilmi

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is wonderful! A reflection of you with all the goodies being sent!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I forgot to say what a beautiful card! You always make all your elements look so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jacqueline, so nice of you to post the cards and gifts you have received...I hope they bring you joy and peace. I don't know how you do it...your cards are always so amazing...you are so gifted!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So glad you could get away and that you were able to see your sons, too! Love and prayers coming your way for next week and the days beyond!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It was wonderful Jacqueline that you got this time to visit your sons and to do God's work at the conference... now it's onward and upwards... with the thoughts and prayers of so many behind you, should you stumble on your journey. All my love and prayers...

    ReplyDelete
  16. It is so heartwarming to see this outpour of love for you Jacqueline and all of the prayers from all over the world! I'm so glad you enjoyed your time away! Thank you for sharing another gorgeous card with us! I do recognize the paper and it's striking how you've used it!! My thoughts and prayers continue to be with you! love Susanne

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow:-) What a gorgeous array of gifts and pretty cards! So wonderful to know that there are so many people out there who always think about you and have you in their thoughts..

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am so glad to read your post and I am constantly amazed by your strength.

    Such lovely gifts and cards you have received from all your freinds.

    Your card is beautiful and so well done.

    I hope the best for you and especially on Monday. I will be thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your visit - I so appreciate it!