Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Posting while I can

Unfortunately our Internet connection at home is troubled. Since last week I have had days when I couldn't use the Internet at all and today it is going on and off, the whole time! This is so frustrating! So I am making use of it while I can. I have SO missed visiting the blogs and the flickr gallery! I have been to the office to use the Internet there but of course I would rather be at home!



Sharing this inspiration which is shared with Franziska who I met on the Flickr Hero Arts gallery - we both inspire each other. I distressed the edges with two colors distress ink and the middle with a touch of blue. Stamped the bird (from Artistic Outpost) and then stamped different leaf stamps around it in different colors.
The gold coated elastic with two charms came on a card from Israƫl - I think they are perfect to decorate a card with and I am looking out where I could buy them on the Internet. If anybody could help me out here - I know they could be hand made too, but I wouldn't know where to find the flat beads..

I have to share the wonderful surprise I got in the post today from Gaby from Colorful adventures. She makes the most beautiful earrings, and other mixed media art come to that. Here is what she sent me:






I was so happy to receive these as I love the color turquoise and I love birds! Thank you Gaby.
I hope to have Internet back soon to feel connected with the world again and to visit your blogs more regularly.

14 comments:

  1. Hi Jacqueline, fabulous card...I love these colours ! Such lovely gifts sent to you,a good day for you Jacqueline, you deserve it !!
    love and hugs
    chris richards
    xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jacqueline! So nice to see a post from you and I'm glad to hear that it's computer problems, and not your health, that has kept you from posting. Love the beautiful colors in this gorgeous card! Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, Jacqueline! I hope you're doing well.
    Groetjes, Petra

    ReplyDelete
  4. That a lovely card and the colors is beautiful.

    I love your gift. The earrings are gorgeus and I am sure they look good on you.

    I am hoping you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is so beautiful. I always love the way you have birds or butterflies on your creations.

    We had a down pour here last night which caused our power to go out, But when it came back up we had no internet till mid-morning.. It's funny how we feel lost without our blog buddies..

    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your gifts are so beautiful. I love the earrings Gaby made for you! Your card is gorgeous ... you know I love 'bird' cards so much. I just finished looking at Franziska's 'bird' card and admiring hers too :).. both are so beautiful ... created by two of the loveliest, sweetest ladies that I have been so fortunate to know through flickr ... sending you a hug Jacqueline!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a perfect card Jacqueline. It is just so pretty. And what a lovely lot of gifts. Hopefully the internet is up and running properly. It does keep you in touch with the world and all your crafty friends. Keep getting stronger each day as well my friend. God Bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What beautiful gifts you received Jacqueline! And your card is stunning too, love the collage of different flora you used! Not sure where you can get that gold elastic band, I would think in a fabric shop. Hope your internet gets sorted out, it's hard to live without it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful card Jacqueline, love that little robin! I can so imagine your frustration of not being able to approach the internet, so it's nice to see your new post again! Love your fabulous goodies, those earrings are fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy to see you back. I love the colours on your card. The gifts from your friend are beautiful,hope you are doing well.

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  11. A truly lovely mix of stamps on your card, and what a wonderful gift you received, WOW! Love how special the packaging is!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just precious cards Jacqueline !!!
    I always love the way you have birds or butterflies on your creations.......

    plastic card ideas

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a thoughtful gift! I am very happy for you! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Jacqueline,

    Love your autumn card!!!i am so happy to have you in the group..you are so talented!!!
    lots of hugs your way!!
    franziska

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your visit - I so appreciate it!