Monday, August 15, 2016

Sharing

And so it came to pass that we were invited to a Summer Camp gathering of believers a while back. How refreshing to sit in a circle and see everybody's face and not the back of their heads for an hour. The prayer requests seemed to emerge from a corner that was also very refreshing such as let's pray that the wars will stop, for the terror groups etc. Not even, please pray for my big toe or for my mother or even please ask the Lord to heal 'me'. On looking a bit closer I realised that this group were handicapped, intelligently challenged people... I had received the sermon already, no need for a further word from God as He chooses the weak to confound the strong .....
But again I was surprised to see an old man convey some beautiful truths from his own life of suffering. He said that if we try to understand God's Ways in our lives then we get a short circuit (doesn't sound right, but I am translating from Dutch). We have to trust God, not try to understand. And then I was conveyed back to my birthday last year when I heard God say just one word, and that was SURRENDER. Surrender, meaning letting go of control, letting God do it His Way and not yours, giving up the stubborn attitudes! I have to say that my life changed after that, but for how long before the old ways start to creep back in again? 
We need God's Grace every day!
 

A couple of cards I managed to make when the outdoors is really calling and it's so hot and sticky that my arm is sticking to my desk everytime I lift my hand from the mouse pad ;)



I used a Seringe stamp from a very old Stampin' Up set and some butterflies from my scrap drawer.
Sentiments are Hero Arts.

We have a National holiday today. Hope you enjoy yours!

Jacqueline



12 comments:

  1. I dragged out that stamp set the other week, too, although I haven't actually completed a card with the stamped images.

    And yes, I definitely need God's grace every day as I still struggle with the surrendering....

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEAUTIFUL message and cards! Love your reflection after the retreat/camp. We all need to be reminded of trusting in Him and not letting our own will/ego/wishes get in the way. Again, your cards are so poetic and stunning! Sending hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the message. How very true. Turning our lives over unconditionally is not as easy as some think.

    Love your cards. No one creates them like you do. They are both soft and sensitive visual masterpieces.

    Love, Hugs and Blessings,
    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Jacqueline - your thought and perceptions are beautiful, and for me, a timely reminder of our role - to wholeheartedly trust, and not question so as to 'understand'.
    Your cards are beautiful - love the soft colours and beautiful sentiments
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards Jacqueline and touching words.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love both of your cards Jacqueline - especially the second one - and thank you for sharing the thoughts on "surrender" - so true and so difficult at times.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful to see your beautiful style again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely gorgeous cards Jacqueline! Lovely to see you posting again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your cards are beautifully done, it is sometimes hard to let go and let God but it is important to trust that he has us in the place we need to be at the time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So good, Jacqueline, to see you posting cards again. Love the generation stamping. Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A good reminder just to be still and trust Him. lovely cards as always

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for sharing Jacqueline, I am sure it will be meaningful to many, just as it was to me! Loving these beautiful cards you made.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your visit - I so appreciate it!